Reports To: Systems Engineering Manager
The primary role of a Mechanical Engineer is to design, develop and test all aspects of mechanical equipment and hardware related to LASERDYNE® systems while applying knowledge of engineering concepts, practices and procedures. This includes mechanical structures both metallic and composite, drive mechanisms, a variety of electro-mechanical devices, optical components (high power lasers, optical sensors, and vision systems), and fluid control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate and select components that will provide a technically superior and cost effective solution.
- Work with suppliers, applying standard engineering practices, to develop component specifications.
- Provide support to an Engineering team for new product and feature development.
- Review customer specific requirements and satisfy customer needs through the design, test, and documentation of unique solutions for existing LASERDYNE® products.
- Create testing and qualification protocols to validate and verify designs.
- Create, implement and maintain documentation, including Bill of Material maintenance and 3D CAD data, using the company specific ERP system and SolidEdge software.
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing and Service personnel.
- Create work procedures and good practice documentation. Lead training classes for company personnel in area of expertise.
- Make recommendations to customers regarding machine usage and installation.
- BS/MS in Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with 3D modeling and analysis.
- Experience with multi-axis machine tool design is preferred.
- At least 1-3 years of experience as a designer or engineer in a capital equipment manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.