Reports To: Production Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The primary role of a Manufacturing Technician I is to assemble electrical and mechanical components for the complete LASERDYNE® precision multi-axis laser cutting, welding, and drilling systems product line.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build electrical and mechanical sub-assemblies.
- Assist with assembly of larger machine components.
- Assist with teardown and shipping of systems.
- Give input to Manufacturing personnel regarding product and process improvement opportunities.
- Ability to travel for up to 1 week at a time is a plus, but not required.
- Must be physically fit and capable of moving bulky, sometimes heavy equipment.
To be effective in this role, an individual must be self-motivated and able to work in dynamic team environment, interested in learning new skills and constantly striving to improve personally and encourage teammates to do the same. The following specific skills, experience or traits are key for success:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment, or Technical education equivalent.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and assembly drawings.
- Experience in a capital equipment manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with multi-axis machine tool assembly and troubleshooting preferred.
- If available for travel, must have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass background investigations, in order to access some customer facilities.