Laser Applications Engineering Internship
Under direct supervision of Applications Engineering manager based in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, provide technical support to customers and Sales globally. Develop new laser processes to meet customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop laser material processes to customer specification. These processes will involve welding, cutting, drilling, additive and marking of a range of materials
- Design, develop, and conduct research and development of laser processes and laser sources to advance LASERDYNE®’s products
- Conduct simulations of laser processes and time studies of customer parts
- Train customers on operation and programming of LASERDYNE® products. Develop and prepare training materials based on customer-specific experience and applications.
- Prepare and present demonstrations of LASERDYNE® systems to prospective customers. Customers may be current users of LASERDYNE® systems, users of competitor systems, or new to laser processing.
- Develop laser processing programs for three-dimensional components, including manual programming and offline programming using CAD/CAM software.
- Setup and perform internal and/or customer-specific factory and final acceptance tests as required to demonstrate system specifications
- Provide remote (phone, video, or simulation) and on-site support to users of LASERDYNE systems.
- Identify and document opportunities for new products and new features for existing products in terms of end-user customer requirements
The above statements are an overview and broad-based summary of the job’s description and duties. The list does not include all duties and additional work may be assigned as needed and per direction of management.
Candidate must be a US citizen.
Part-time or Full-time