Reports To: Systems Engineering Manager
The primary role of the Electrical Engineer is to design, develop and test all aspects of electrical components, equipment and hardware related to LASERDYNE® systems while applying knowledge of engineering concepts, practices and procedures. This includes motion control hardware, laser control hardware, a variety of electro-mechanical device controls, and support of PLC based hardware and software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate and select components that will provide a technically superior and cost effective solution.
- Work with suppliers, applying standard engineering practices, to develop component specifications.
- Provide support to an Engineering team for new product and feature development.
- Review customer specific requirements, and satisfy customer needs through the design, test, and documentation of unique solutions for existing LASERDYNE® products.
- Create testing and qualification protocols to validate and verify designs.
- Create, implement and maintain documentation, including Bill of Material maintenance and schematics, using the company specific ERP system and AutoCad Electrical software.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and service personnel.
- Create work procedures and good practice documentation, and lead training classes for company personnel based on their content.
- Make recommendations to customers regarding machine usage and installation.
- BS/MS in Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with PLC based hardware and software.
- Experience with multi-axis machine tool design is preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience as a designer or engineer in a capital equipment manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.