Prima Power Laserdyne’s Brooklyn Park (Minneapolis), Minnesota facility is one of seven manufacturing facilities of the Prima Group. It is home for design and application of the LASERDYNE product line of precision, 3D laser cutting, welding, and drilling systems addressing needs for production efficiency and quality in automotive, medical device, electronics, and other applications.
The Buyer position plays a critical role in the planning and execution of demand and inventory purchase decisions. It will also support cross functional analytical needs across Sales, Operations, and Sourcing. It will provide the insights to support on-going decision making, and participate in associated meetings as necessary. Success will in part be measured by improving service levels, optimizing inventory levels, minimizing costs, and limiting stock-outs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create purchase orders and maintain purchasing data accurately in a timely manner
- Understands flow of demand and other purchase transactions
- Develops/implements procurement strategies to achieve cost, schedule and quality goals
- Achieves inventory management, scheduling coordination, supplier management, and process improvement objectives
- Evaluate inventory levels and adjust order requirements accordingly, coordinating purchasing activities with other departments to maintain inventory at planned levels
- Ensures material/service planning and fulfillment requirements are met
- Work with suppliers to resolve non-conforming product issues and expedite orders
- Evaluate effectiveness of suppliers in terms of pricing, on time delivery performance, and quality
- Evaluate vendor quotes and services to determine compatibility with company objectives
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
To be effective in this role, an individual must possess the ability to become fully responsible for the demand planning and forecasting process, including the following skills, experience, or traits vital for success:
- Detailed critical analytical and problem solving ability
- Extensive background in ERP/MRP systems as well as Microsoft Office products
- Team player, interested in working together to realize operational improvement.
- Minimum one to three years of purchasing/inventory management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with a focus in Supply Chain
- Office environment, occasional production environment
- Ability to lift 35 pounds.