Under direct supervision of Senior Applications Engineering & Technology Development Manager based in Champlin Minnesota, provide technical support to Sales globally. Work on new applications development activities based on customer driven requests and/or corporate research and development goals. Continuously improve existing processes to positively impact sales growth, operational efficiency, and profitability. Works with other Prima Industry groups as needed. Provide advanced technical support to regional managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engaged in Laser material processing development i.e. welding, cutting, drilling, surface modification and marking of a range of materials including engineered composites. This involves visiting key customers.
- Presenting papers and participating in international conferences to spread awareness of Laserdyne’s capabilities as well as to monitor the development of new technologies and competitive applications.
- Assessing process capability of new products, feasibility studies of customer applications, as well as on-site troubleshooting of customer processing problems.
- Act as a liaison between Customer, Sales, and Applications to ensure that short and long-term market needs are understood.
- Prepare and present demonstrations of LASERDYNE systems for prospective customers. Customers may be current users of LASERDYNE systems, users of competitor systems, or new to laser systems.
- Identify plans and preparations for performance of customer specific factory acceptance tests required to meet schedules. Setup and perform internal and/or customer-specific factory and final acceptance tests as required to demonstrate system performance.
- Provide telephone and on-site support to users of LASERDYNE systems.
- Develop laser processing programs for three-dimensional components using the most appropriate method, including manual programming and offline programming using commercially available CAD/CAM software.
- Perform training on operation and programming of LASERDYNE products for customers. Develop and prepare training materials based on customer-specific experience and applications.
- Develop and implement plans for evaluating new hardware and new software for existing products. Provide feedback (oral and/or written as appropriate) to LASERDYNE Engineering.
- Identify and document opportunities for new products and new features for existing products in terms of end-user customer requirements (specifications).
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Candidate must be a US citizen. Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%.